Sunday, September 4, 2016

Edith Loraine Oliver

September 2, 2016 at 10:02am
7 pounds 14 ounces, 20.75" long

Edith was born at home a footling breech (feet first).  The midwife came to our home early in the morning and my contractions "stalled" and instead of getting closer together they were getting further apart even up to 20min apart.  The midwife went to get some breakfast close by and I told her I'd call her when things kicked back into gear.  In the meantime I took a nap for a good hour.  Then I went for a walk around the block.  While I was on my walk my contractions went from 15min apart to 2 min apart.  When I got home my water broke and her feet immediately came out.  The midwife was about 20 min away.  Ben coached me as I pushed her out as he held her little body in his arms.  By the time my water broke and she was fully born it only took 7 minutes.  When the midwife got here she took care of Edith and me.  I'm so grateful Ben was here when the baby was born and proud of him in his care for baby and I during the delivery.

All the kids were home with us.  We sent them outside for the 7min while I pushed her out and then they came immediately in to see their new sister.  Which was a surprise for all of us since we did not know the baby's gender. 

In no particular order.... Enjoy the pictures. 

Love, Jeannie & Ben and family


No comments:

Post a Comment