Friday, June 29, 2012

New Home

We finally made it to Cape Cod!  It has been since May 8th that we had our house hold shipped and now it's nice to have our daily conveniences.  We got here on the evening of June 10th and the next morning hit the ground running.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures for the first 2 weeks... We worked ourselves until we passed out every night.  We painted the two upstairs bedrooms which were previously hot pink and dark blue; we planted a large garden and Ben fenced it; We ripped out the old bathroom floor and laid new flooring; we welcomed 3 new chicks to our farm; we received all of our house hold shipment and moved everything into place and hung pictures on the wall.  Then I dropped Ben off at the air port to head back to FL for another month.

I finally got the camera out two days ago and and started taking pictures.

Welcome: Daisy (yellow), Daffy (Brown) & Patsy (Black)!


Nate with Daisy.


This will be the chickens new home... but we need to wait another week or so...
Here is the garden we planted.  We purchased some already started plants and planted some seeds.  Tomatoes, Eggplant, Corn, Beets, Broccoli, Peppers, Beans, Marigolds, Flowers, Squash....  I am discovering new plants around the yard too.  I found two grape vines, a raspberry patch, strawberries, different herbs.  The flowers are just starting to bloom now too and the yard is looking prettier every day.

Philip in the tree house.
Nate is learning to mow the lawn... But I think we might invest in a gas mower since we have about an acre of grass!
Janice and Philip talking on the back deck.  And a shot of my laundry line!  I love it.
We are starting to meet new friends.  Yesterday we met a family with 5 children and went to a local pond/beach.  I took these pictures as soon as we arrived then I put my camera away to protect it from sand and water.  So no pictures with our friends... sorry.





God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! You have been so busy!! Jeannie your littles look like they are having a blast!! God bless you in your new home :) hope we can catch up soon...

    ReplyDelete